What You'll Learn Using
Fast Forward to Phonics
Everything you ever wanted to
Basic Reading and Writing Skills
A combination of picture words and basic rules enable you to easily
and quickly learn the 44 sounds of American English.
- Learn about long and short vowels and the sounds that they make.
- Learn when a "c" is soft as in "city" and how to pronounce it.
- Improve your spelling with easy to remember rules.
- Many blends are clearly and simply charted such as "ch" in the above example.
Math and Life Skills
The math and life skills sections provide real world examples which
will immediately help you apply your knowledge by learning:
- How to calculate ratios.
- Finding the perimeter, area, and volume of a room.
- Reading graphs and maps.
- Measurement conversion using both the metric and U.S. customary systems.
As you advance, you can use the manual as a resource to prepare
for the GED.
- Learn common root words, suffixes, and prefixes.
- Learn punctuation and grammar skills that will help you become a good
- Learn how to write a standard five paragraph essay that will help
you pass the GED. A sample essay shows you how easy it can be.
- Learn how to convert fractions into decimals and percentages and then
back again. Apply your new knowledge of percents to create a household